A rising wave of infections among Singapore’s massive migrant worker population threatens to derail the city-state’s success in fighting the coronavirus.
About 80% of all cases in Singapore have been linked to the dormitories where low paid migrant workers from South Asia are housed.
Singapore has now sealed off multiple dormitories, as the government carries out extensive testing and tries to move healthy workers out, but questions are being raised about why more wasn’t done to protect them.
People living in the dorms said they were scared about getting ill, and about what the future holds for them.
We agreed to protect the identity of the workers who spoke to the BBC.
Edited by Christine Hah
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Beach Song + More Nursery Rhymes & Kids Songs – CoComelon
- Bí thư Tỉnh ủy Thái Bình giữ chức phó trưởng Ban Tuyên giáo trung ương | VNEWS
- Sức khỏe của 17 bệnh nhân nhiễm virus corona mới tại Việt Nam hiện nay ra sao
- Virus corona ngày 9/5 | Tin covid-19 Việt Nam | Đại dịch Viêm Phổi Vũ Hán Tình hình dịch corona
- CHỮA FULL ĐỀ MINH HỌA 2020 – THẦY NGUYỄN TIẾN ĐẠT